Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (R) speaks next to U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon during a joint press conference at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv July 22, 2014. (AFP Photo/Gali Tibbon)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon warned Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon Tuesday that a return to the status quo would not solve the conflict between Palestine and Israel.Netanyahu said the world must hold Hamas responsible for starting the violence and for rejecting an Egyptian cease-fire initiative laid out last week.Hamas said it rejected last week's Egyptian-brokered truce because it had been excluded from discussions and did not receive any official proposal.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE