BEIRUT

Middle East

First New Zealand national reportedly killed in Syrian war

BEIRUT: Media reports from New Zealand Sunday said the first national from the island country had been killed with Syria. No details about the case were made available by the Foreign Ministry, which said it had provided consular support in relation to the case. The ministry indicated that Syria’s ambassador to the United Nations had recently complained that people from as far away as New Zealand had been lured to fight in the war raging in Syria.

 
A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Daily Star on June 09, 2014, on page 8.

Recommended

Advertisement

Comments

Your feedback is important to us!

We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.

Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement

FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE

Interested in knowing more about this story?

Click here