Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Syrian government forces are waging a campaign of siege warfare and starvation against civilians, a U.N.-mandated probe said in a report Wednesday.The commission, which includes legendary former war crimes prosecutor Carla del Ponte, stressed that more than 250,000 people remain besieged in the war-ravaged country.The report alleges a litany of war crimes and crimes against humanity carried out by both sides from July last year to Jan. 20 .Worst hit were civilians in areas controlled by the jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria, in Raqqa province, where they were systematically subjected to "severe physical or mental pain or suffering" that amounted to crimes against humanity, the report said.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE