People inspect damage at a site hit by what activists said were barrel bombs dropped by forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad in Aleppo's district of al-Sukari March 7, 2014. (REUTERS/Hosam Katan)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Syria was removing its chemical arsenal at "an increased pace" with almost a third of its stockpile having been taken out of the war-torn country, the world's chemical watchdog said on Friday.Earlier this week OPCW head Ahmet Uzumcu told the meeting that Syria had submitted a revised proposal to complete the removal of all chemicals from Syria before the end of April after previously saying it could only complete the job by June.Syria was to have shipped out most dangerous Category 1 chemicals by December 31 and Category 2 chemicals by February 5 . The next target date is March 15 when Syria is supposed to have destroyed its 12 chemical weapon production facilities.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE