BEIRUT: The government has managed to restore 30 percent of electricity supplies to provinces in Damascus and the south of Syria after a recent “terrorist” attack, state news agency SANA said Sunday.
“The [Electricity] Ministry has taken exceptional steps to secure 30 percent of the needs of the southern region through alternative sources,” a source from the ministry was quoted by SANA as saying.
A rebel attack on a power station in the extreme south of the country late last month was responsible for the disruption.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Four hospitals in the southern Syrian province of Deraa have been forced to close in recent days after intensive...
Hezbollah and the Syrian army Friday struck at militant positions inside the Syrian town of Zabadani at the southern...
Syrian state TV says a bomb has exploded inside a mosque in an opposition-held suburb of Damascus, killing a Sunni...
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE