Tires set ablaze by anti-government protesters supporting top Bahraini human rights activist Nabeel Rajab burn on a highway in Abu Saiba, Bahrain, west of the capital, Manama, Sunday, Oct. 19, 2014. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A Bahraini court banned the main opposition Al-Wefaq movement for three months Tuesday, just weeks before a parliamentary election the group had already said it would boycott.Without commenting on the accusations, Al-Wefaq said "the tyrannical dictatorship in Bahrain is ruling with an iron fist and moving to destroy the political and social life by blocking the people out".Other opposition groups have also announced they will boycott the November 22 election. Elections for a new 40-seat lower house of parliament are the first since 2011 protests demanding more representative democracy.It withdrew its 18 MPs after the government crushed the protests in March 2011 .The International Federation for Human Rights says at least 89 people have been killed in Bahrain since the uprising began in February 2011 .
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE