Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Families of 301 miners killed in Turkey's worst industrial disaster disrupted the start of a trial Monday, shouting out demands that charged mining executives be brought to the dock.After the disaster, mine operator Soma Holding said there had been no negligence and the government insisted that existing mining safety regulations were sound.Hundreds of relatives and protesters marched through the town of Akhisar where the trial was being held, about 40 km from Soma, demanding harsh sentences earlier Monday.About a dozen police entered the courtroom as the judge called a break until order was restored, but there were no clashes with protesters.Pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party leader Selahattin Demirtas, among politicians and union members observing the case, told reporters that politicians should be tried.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE