An italian tugboat carrying immigrants arrives on April 15, 2015 in the Italian port of Messina in Sicily. AFP PHOTO / GIOVANNI ISOLINO
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Italian navy took back control Friday of a Sicilian fishing boat that had been seized overnight by unknown assailants near the Libyan coast, the defence ministry said.A defense ministry statement said naval personnel boarded the trawler soon after it was stopped by a tugboat around 90 km from the Libyan port of Misrata.The ministry did not immediately say whether there was any clash with those who had seized the Italian trawler or what happened to them or the seven crew on the vessel after the navy reasserted control. "This is probably an act of piracy because the tugboat that approached the trawler had no Libyan governmental insignia," the spokesman, Francesco Mezzapelle, told Reuters. He said the trawler was manned by three Italians and four Tunisians.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE