Saudi Interior Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Mansour al-Turki listens to journalists questions during a press conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Friday, April 24, 2015. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Saudi Arabia said Friday it had foiled a bomb plot by ISIS and blamed the jihadis for shooting dead two policemen in the capital earlier this month.A Saudi man arrested at a farm north of Riyadh on suspicion of carrying out the shooting has confessed that he was following orders received from ISIS in Syria, the Interior Ministry said.The shooting was the fifth attack on security forces and foreigners in Saudi Arabia orchestrated by ISIS, according to Interior Ministry spokesman Gen. Mansour al-Turki.Turki told reporters that ISIS was also involved in that attack.In January, three Saudi border guards, including a local commander, were killed near the border with Iraq in a battle with ISIS supporters, according to Turki.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE