Tunisian Minister in Charge of Government Relations with Civil Society, Kamel Jendoubi, gestures during a press conference at the government palace on July 7, 2015 in Tunis. AFP PHOTO / FETHI BELAID
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Tunisian state of emergency imposed after the jihadi attack that killed 38 tourists last month must not suppress freedoms gained since the 2011 revolution, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.Eight days after the June 26 gun attack at the tourist resort of Port al-Kantaoui north of Sousse, President Beji Caid Essebsi Saturday decreed a state of emergency for 30 days.Essebsi said the exceptional measure was being brought in because the attack had left Tunisia facing a "special type of war".
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE