A Palestinian boy plays in the rubble of houses destroyed during the 2014 war between Israel and Hamas militants in Khuzaa, east of Khan Yunis, in the southern Gaza Strip July 7, 2015. (AFP/SAID KHATIB)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Israel and Palestinians mark one year since last summer's devastating war in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, with a ceasefire still largely holding but few of the issues that led to the conflict resolved.The war took a heavy toll on Gaza, killing 2,251 Palestinians, including more than 500 children. A UN report released last month said both sides may have committed war crimes during the 50-day conflict, which has left more than 100,000 Gazans homeless in the impoverished enclave of 1.8 million people. It was the third war in Gaza in six years, and by far the deadliest and most destructive of the three, leaving families wondering when the suffering will end. A surge in rocket fire from Gaza into Israel followed, and Israel in response launched its offensive on July 8, giving it the name "Operation Protective Edge".
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE