US Secretary of State John Kerry (L) meets with Kuwaiti Emir Sheik Sabah al-Ahmed al-Sabah (R) at Bayan Palace in Kuwait City on June 26, 2013. AFP PHOTO/POOL/JACQUELYN MARTIN
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The emir of Kuwait said Thursday his country had thwarted attempts to sow sectarian divisions after last month's suicide bombing but warned that the world needs to do more to confront the "satanic" behavior of Islamist militants.Kuwaiti officials say the bombing appeared aimed at stoking sectarian hatred between Sunni and Shiite Muslims in the country. Three Saudi brothers who helped the bomber, who entered the country from Saudi Arabia hours before the attack, have been arrested, Kuwaiti and Saudi authorities said Tuesday.Up to 30 percent of Kuwait's 1.4 million citizens are Shiite Muslims, who have enjoyed relatively good relations with the country's majority Sunnis.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE