Tourists console each other following a shooting attack in the resort town of Sousse, Tunisia, June 26, 2015. AFP/FETHI BELAID
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Tourists describe horrors in Tunisia attackBritish holidaymakers told how they fled in panic from Friday's gun massacre on a Tunisian beach resort, screaming and running for cover when they realized they were under attack.Five Britons were among the 37 dead in the shootings in Port el Kantaoui outside the town of Sousse.The Briton, who was not identified, appeared to be speaking from a hospital.Olivia Leathley, 24, heard "loud bangs" and saw from her hotel room people fleeing the beach, as holiday company representatives blew whistles.Leathley said she believed the woman had been taken to hospital to see her wounded husband.Ellie Makin, from Ripon in northern England, was on the right-hand edge of her hotel's section of beach.Tomas O Riordain, a U.K. resident from Cork in Ireland, was in a neighboring hotel."It was all over three or four minutes after it started," he told RTE radio, saying he had two daughters at the beach and "just had to wait and see if they came back". It was the second time he had been caught up in a terror attack, as he was in Liverpool Street in London during the July 7, 2005, bombings almost a decade ago.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE