Houthi followers demonstrate against Saudi-led air strikes in Yemen's capital Sanaa May 18, 2015. REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The United Nations said Tuesday that some 1,850 people had been killed and more than 500,000 have been displaced as a result of the conflict raging in Yemen since late March.As of May 15, 1,849 people had been killed and 7,394 had been injured, the UN humanitarian agency said citing numbers from Yemen health facilities. Meanwhile, Saudi-led warplanes hit Yemeni rebels and their allies in Sanaa Tuesday, in the first strikes on the rebel-held capital since the end of a five-day humanitarian truce, witnesses said.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE