A new wave of airstrikes targeting the Syrian city of Raqqa, the headquarters of ISIS and the focus of an international military campaign, killed at least eight people, including five children, Syrian opposition groups said Friday.
A Raqqa-based activist group that reports on ISIS, known as Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently, said Friday that most of the casualties in the latest aerial bombardment occurred when warplanes targeted the city's Heten School.
Warplanes believed to be Russian carried out several airstrikes on a Syrian town near the Turkish border Friday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, one of several reported close to the boundary this week.
Regime airstrikes, meanwhile, hit the city of Al-Qaryatayn, which ISIS captured earlier this year, in Homs province, as well as the road linking the Al-Houla region and the town of Al-Ghajar north of the province, the Observatory said.
...