Smoke billows from the defence ministry in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, during a Saudi-led coalition air strike on September 4, 2015. AFP PHOTO / MOHAMMED HUWAIS
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The UAE said 45 of its troops were killed in Yemen and Bahrain said it lost five soldiers Friday, the deadliest day for a Saudi-led coalition battling Yemeni rebels.The Yemeni government said an "accidental explosion" at an arms depot at a military base in the eastern province of Marib initially killed 22 Emiratis, with 23 wounded soldiers later dying of their injuries. However, Yemen's exiled presidency said the Bahrainis died in the same blast that killed the Emirati forces.A total of 33 Yemeni soldiers and coalition forces were killed and dozens of people were wounded in the blast at the base in Safer, 250 kilometers from Sanaa, the pro-Hadi army command said.AThe Arab coalition has also sent in troops, with Saudi media reporting that roughly 1,500 soldiers, most from the UAE, had entered Aden. The UAE only confirmed last month that its troops were on the ground there.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE