A Yemenis shows blood on a car after Iran backed rebels fired Katyusha rockets at a busy market in Yemen's Marib province, east of the capital, Sanaa, on September 11, 2015. AFP PHOTO / ABDULLAH HASSAN
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Yemen's government said Friday it would join U.N.-mediated peace talks next week, as rocket fire from Iran-backed rebels reportedly killed 20 civilians and wounded dozens more in a busy market. Meanwhile, the Saudi-led coalition sent new reinforcements over the border into Yemen in preparation for an offensive to retake the capital, seized by the Houthi insurgents a year ago.And, in an ongoing campaign to soften up Sanaa, coalition warplanes struck an arms depot, triggering powerful explosions that killed at least seven civilians and wounded 10, witnesses and medics said.The coalition has intensified raids against rebels since last week, when a missile attack killed 60 Gulf troops, most of them Emiratis, in Marib province.In preparation for a push on Sanaa, coalition member states have reportedly sent thousands of heavily armed reinforcements to Yemen since last week, mainly to Marib.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE