Yemenis walk amidst the rubble of a house in Yemen's Huthi rebel-held capital Sanaa on Aug. 11, 2016, after it was reportedly hit by a Saudi-led coalition airstrike. (AFP / MOHAMMED HUWAIS)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Saudi-led coalition Sunday denied targeting a Yemeni school in airstrikes that killed 10 children, instead saying it bombed a camp at which Iran-backed rebels train underage soldiers.Ten days ago it acknowledged "shortcomings" in two out of eight cases it has investigated of strikes on civilian targets in Yemen that the U.N. has condemned.Coalition spokesman General Ahmed Assiri said the strikes hit a Huthi training camp, killing militia fighters including a leader identified as Yehya Munassar Abu Rabua.Assiri criticized the organization for overlooking the issue of child soldiers.The Arab coalition launched airstrikes against the rebels on March 26, 2015 .Saudi Arabia reacted angrily to a decision in June to blacklist the coalition after a U.N. report found the alliance responsible for 60 percent of the 785 deaths of children in Yemen last year.The U.N. says more than 6,400 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in Yemen since last March.The coalition has also been backing government forces fighting Sunni extremists who have exploited the conflict to gain ground in southern Yemen.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE