A Libyan man checks a building used by the Islamic State fighters after it was captured by Libyan forces allied with the U.N.-backed government, in Sirte, Libya August 22, 2016. REUTERS/Hani Amara
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The United States has begun using attack helicopters to target ISIS in the extremists' Libyan former stronghold of Sirte, a defense official said Tuesday.As of Monday, the United States had conducted 77 air strikes in the city.Pro-GNA forces, backed since August 1 by US air strikes, began an assault in mid-May to expel ISIS from what had been its Sirte stronghold. The Pentagon has said US involvement in the Sirte operation would last "weeks not months," but Falvo did not want to speculate on how much longer the United States would continue its air campaign.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE