Palestinians flee their destroyed neighbourhood to take shelter in a United Nations school for the night in the northern Gaza Strip city of Beit Hanun, on August 18, 2014. AFP PHOTO / THOMAS COEX
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Israeli army said Wednesday it has closed its files on several allegations of military misconduct during the 2014 Gaza war but others are still under investigation.It did not give details of ongoing investigations but said three soldiers had been charged with looting and related offenses.Among the cases where no wrongdoing was found, it said in a 21-page report, was the shelling of a United Nations school in the southern Gaza town of Rafah in which 10 people died.The attack was strongly condemned by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, while the United States called it "disgraceful". The July-August 2014 war between Israel and Gaza militants killed more than 2,200 Palestinians and 73 people, mainly soldiers, on the Israeli side, and destroyed or damaged thousands of homes in Gaza.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE