Members of Hashid Shaabi or Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) fire towards ISIS militant positions in west of Mosul, Iraq, December 28, 2016. REUTERS/Stringer
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Iraqi security forces launched a fresh advance Thursday against ISIS militants in several southeastern districts of Mosul, where the fight had been stalled for about a month, Interior Ministry officials said.The battle for Mosul, involving 100,000 Iraqi troops, members of the Kurdish security forces and Shi'ite militiamen, is the biggest ground operation in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion of 2003 .Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, who previously pledged to retake Mosul by the end of the year, said this week it would take another three months to rout ISIS in Iraq.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE