A Yemeni man inspects the damage following a coalition airstrike on a school and a bowling club, in Sanaa. AFP / MOHAMMED HUWAIS
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Yemeni pro-government forces have advanced to within 40 kilometers of Sanaa in a push toward the rebel-held capital from the northeast, loyalist military sources said Friday.Loyalist forces took the town of Nihm after overrunning the headquarters of the renegade pro-rebel 312th Brigade of the army earlier this week, the sources said.The push toward Sanaa from the east comes with loyalist forces making little headway in their efforts to advance into central Yemen from their stronghold in the south.The conflict has claimed more than 6,100 lives, nearly half of them civilians, according to U.N. estimates.The U.N. aid chief told Saudi Arabia that aid workers would continue to inform coalition authorities of their movements.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE