Libyans gather at a checkpoint manned by forces of Libya's unrecognised government after it was targeted by a bomb attack at Msillata, near Khoms on November 24, 2015, which killed at least six and wounded 14 others. AFP PHOTO / MAHMUD TURKIA
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A suicide truck bombing on a police school in Libya's city of Zliten killed more than 50 people Thursday, in the deadliest attack to hit the strife-torn country since its 2011 revolution.There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack but ISIS, which has been growing in power in Libya, has carried out many suicide bombings in the country.The internationally recognized government condemned the attack as a "cowardly terrorist act" and called for the lifting of an arms embargo it says has prevented authorities from tackling ISIS.In a report to the UN Security Council in November, International Criminal Court chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda said that ISIS had been responsible for at least 27 car and suicide bombings in Libya in 2015 .Calls have been growing for a possible foreign military intervention to bring stability to Libya and contain ISIS, which is reported to have at least 3,000 fighters in the country.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE