Libyans inspect the site of a suicide truck bombing on a police school in Libya's coastal city of Zliten, which killed at least 50 people on January 7, 2016. AFP PHOTO / MAHMUD TURKIA / AFP / MAHMUD TURKIA
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Italy evacuated 15 Libyans Monday for medical treatment after they were wounded in last week's truck bomb attack against a police training center, the Italian government said.At dawn, Italy sent a C-130 transport plane to the port city of Misrata to take the wounded to a military hospital in Rome and subsequently perhaps in other Italian hospitals, the statement said.Italy and other Western powers have been pushing Libya's factions to back a U.N.-brokered plan for a national unity government to join forces against ISIS militants.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE