The parents of Palestinian assailant Essa Assaf inspect their family house it was partially destroyed by Israeli troops on Monday, in Qalandia refugee camp near the West Bank city of Ramallah July 4, 2016. REUTERS/Mohamad Torokman
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Israel has approved hundreds of new settler homes in the occupied West Bank, an official said Monday, in a move likely to further raise tensions following a series of Palestinian attacks.Early Monday, four Palestinian youths were wounded in clashes with Israeli forces who were demolishing the West Bank homes of two attackers' families, Ramallah hospital director Ahmad Bitawi said.The attacks prompted Israel to send hundreds of troops to the area and impose a closure on the Hebron district, where many of the recent attacks have originated. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also said Israel will reduce the amount of tax revenues it collects on behalf of the Palestinians each month, saying it would offset money Palestinian officials give to families of attackers.Monday, Israel's Shin Bet security agency said it has arrested two Palestinians who helped two Palestinian gunmen carry out a deadly shooting attack at a Tel Aviv cafe last month.Four Israelis were killed in the attack and others were wounded.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE