German emergency services workers work in the area where a man with an axe attacked passengers on a train near the city of Wuerzburg, Germany early July 19, 2016. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
ISIS Tuesday released a video purportedly featuring a 17-year-old Afghan refugee who went on an axe rampage on a German train, injuring five people, two critically.German authorities said they had found a hand-painted ISIS flag and what they called a suicide letter among the asylum seeker's belongings. The assailant was killed by police as he attacked officers while trying to flee.Germany has thus far escaped the kind of large-scale extremist attack seen in the southern French city of Nice last week, in which 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel used a truck to mow down 84 people.A record 1.1 million people were let in to Germany last year, with Syrians making up the largest group followed by Afghans.The assailant had arrived as an unaccompanied minor in Germany in June 2015 and had been staying with a foster family in the region for the last two weeks, Herrmann said.Germany has been spared major Islamist attacks but in May, a mentally unstable 27-year-old man wielding a knife killed one person and injured three others on another Bavarian regional train.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE