Syrian army soldiers patrol the area around the entrance of Bani Zeid after taking control of the previously rebel-held district of Leramun, on the northwest outskirts of Aleppo, on July 28, 2016.
/ AFP / GEORGE OURFALIAN
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Syrian rebels launched an offensive aimed at breaking the government's siege of eastern Aleppo on Sunday, where the U.N. estimates some 300,000 people are trapped with dwindling food and medical supplies.The U.N.'s special envoy to Syria, Staffan de Mistura warned Friday that basic supplies in eastern Aleppo could run out in three weeks.The group said six people were killed in the strikes, blaming them on the government.The New York-based Physicians for Human Rights says over 90 percent of attacks on medical facilities in Syria have been carried out by pro-government forces.Over a quarter million people have been killed in Syria's war.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE