Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Khaled al-Sabah (L) addresses the parliament in Kuwait City on March 29, 2016. / AFP / YASSER AL-ZAYYAT
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Kuwait's foreign minister said Monday that a deal to grant thousands of stateless people in the Gulf emirate Comoran nationality had not been struck despite recent reports.Comoran External Affairs Minister Abdulkarim Mohamed said in Kuwait last month that his country was ready to consider taking thousands of stateless people denied citizenship there.Several years ago, Comoros offered thousands of bidoons in the United Arab Emirates citizenship in exchange for generous aid packages in a deal similar to the Kuwait proposal.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE