U. S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter addresses the U.S. troops as he stands in front of a drone at the Incirlik Air Base near Adana, Turkey, Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015. (AP Photo)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Obama administration ordered the families of U.S. military, diplomatic and other government personnel to leave parts of southern Turkey Tuesday and warned U.S. citizens against travel to the region amid mounting concerns over security.The U.S. military's European Command said it had ordered the departure of families of personnel stationed in Adana, including Incirlik air base, which is used heavily in the fight against ISIS militants. It said families of U.S. military personnel also had been told to leave Izmir and Mugla provinces.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE