Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Iraq's military said on Sunday it was preparing to launch an offensive to retake the ISIS stronghold of Falluja and told residents to get ready to leave before fighting started.Falluja, a long-time bastion of Sunni Muslim jihadists, was the first city to fall to ISIS, in January 2014, six months before the group swept through large parts of Iraq and neighbouring Syria.The Iraqi army, police and Iranian-backed Shi'ite Muslim militias, backed by air strikes from a U.S.-led coalition, have surrounded Falluja since late last year. The jihadists have been preventing residents leaving for months.Around 300,000 people lived in the Euphrates river city before the war.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE