This Dec. 16, 2012 file photo shows a General view of Kuwait's National Assembly during the inauguration of the 14th Legislative Term of the National Assembly in Kuwait. (AP Photo/Gustavo Ferrari, File)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Kuwait's election authorities Tuesday barred 47 candidates from contesting parliamentary polls later this month for being convicted in courts or not fulfilling nomination requirements, candidates said.Dahum wrote on Twitter that he was informed by the election authority that he had been barred from standing but not told why.Kuwaiti courts can overturn the decision of the authorities and allow candidates to run.A total of 454 candidates, including 15 women, have registered to stand for election to the 50-seat parliament.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE