Forensic experts investigate the scene at the community hall where Saudi-led warplanes struck a funeral in Sanaa, the capital of Yemen, October 9, 2016. REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Arab coalition fighting rebels in Yemen said Sunday it would investigate an airstrike a day earlier that killed more than 140 people at a funeral hall, after the U.S. said it was reviewing support for the alliance.In a statement early Sunday, Saudi Arabia, a key member of the mostly Sunni Arab coalition, said an investigation would be launched into the strike. Previous investigations by the Saudis have blamed Houthi or rebel forces for gathering near the sites of their attacks. Houthi leader Abdel-Malek al-Houthi decried the attacks in a televised address, saying they had been done with U.S. weapons and with a "green light" from Washington.The U.S. has backed the coalition with multi-billion dollar arms sales and logistical and intelligence support, but reportedly began pulling some soldiers from that task in August over concerns about civilian casualties in coalition airstrikes.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE