A member of Libyan forces loyal to eastern commander Khalifa Haftar holds a weapon as he sits on a car in front of the gate at Zueitina oil terminal in Zueitina, west of Benghazi, Libya September 14, 2016. REUTERS/Esam Omran Al-Fetori
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Libya has lifted force majeure at some of its main ports and is resuming exports, the National Oil Corporation said Thursday."Exports will resume immediately from Zueitina and Ras Lanouf, and will continue at Brega ... exports will resume from Es Sidra as soon as possible," NOC Chairman Mustafa Sanalla said.He said Libya's U.N.-backed government in Tripoli and a parliament based in eastern Libya both backed reopening the ports which had been seized on Sept. 11 by forces loyal to eastern commander Khalifa Haftar.Haftar – who was promoted to field marshal by Libya's internationally recognized parliament late Wednesday – has been an outspoken opponent of the Government of National Accord in Tripoli, and his seizure of the four ports from a rival force aligned with the GNA had raised fears of fresh conflict over Libya's oil resources.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE