Pro-government fighters stand on the barrel of a tank in an area where they fought against Houthi fighters in the southwestern city of Taiz, Yemen August 13, 2017. REUTERS/Stringer
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres says in a draft report that the Saudi-led coalition was responsible for more than half the children killed and injured in Yemen's civil war last year.The report, obtained Thursday by The Associated Press, said the United Nations verified 1,340 casualties and attributed 683 -- representing 51 percent -- to attacks carried out by the coalition.The draft report on children and armed conflict echoes similar findings from last year when the U.S.-backed coalition was put on a U.N. blacklist for violating child rights.U.N. deputy spokesman Farhan Haq told reporters Thursday that Guterres hasn't seen the draft report that was leaked.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE