In this May 30, 2016 file photo, Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman appears at the Knesset, Israel's parliament, before his swearing-in ceremony, in Jerusalem. (AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Israeli ministers Monday challenged a Supreme Court ruling that the bodies of Palestinian assailants killed during attacks must be released for burial and not used as bargaining chips.A government statement said members of the Security Cabinet decided Thursday's ruling by Israel's highest court was "unacceptable" and asked it to hold a fresh hearing on the issue.The government announced last year it would not return bodies unless Palestinians in Gaza agreed to release the remains of two Israeli soldiers believed to have been killed in a 2014 war in Gaza.Last week, responding to a motion filed by families of nine dead Palestinians, the court said Israeli law does not allow the bodies to be held, but gave the government six months to enact new legislation or hand the corpses to their families.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE