One-year-old Fatima Abdullah Hassan, who suffers from severe malnutrition, lies on a weighing scale at a malnutrition treatment center in the Red Sea port city of Hodeida, Yemen December 20, 2017. REUTERS/Abduljabbar Zeyad
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Arab coalition fighting in Yemen said Wednesday it would keep the Houthi-controlled Hudaida port open for a month, despite a fresh missile attack at Riyadh, but it kept up airstrikes that killed at least 19 people.The coalition, which controls Yemen's airspace and port access, said last month it would allow humanitarian aid through Hudaida following a nearly three-week blockade imposed because of a missile attack toward the Saudi capital's international airport.Coalition forces meanwhile launched fresh airstrikes.The rebel-run Saba news agency said 38 people, including women and children, were killed or wounded in raids targeting different parts of Yemen.Residents said another strike killed at least nine members of the same family, including at least five children, after hitting their home in Wadi Khair in southern Yemen's Shabwa province.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE