In this photo taken Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016, South Sudanese army spokesperson Lul Ruai Koang, center left, stands on a vehicle near the site of a recent battle, in Malakal, South Sudan. (AP Photo/Justin Lynch)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
South Sudan's rebels have claimed responsibility for an ambush on a convoy of buses and other vehicles travelling on a major highway that killed at least 14 people, the opposition said Friday.Rebel troops were targeting government troops although civilians were killed in the crossfire, opposition spokesman Lam Paul Gabriel told Reuters, warning the public not to travel with soldiers.South Sudanese police spokesman Daniel Justin Boulogne said 14 people had been killed, without giving details of whether they were soldiers, civilians or both.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE