Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani speaks to the media at the Qatari Embassy in Paris, France, after meetings with high-level French officials, Monday, June 12, 2017. (AP Photo/Nicolas Garriga)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Qatar remains puzzled over why "abusive measures" had been imposed on it, its foreign minister said Monday, a week after Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt cut off diplomatic and transport ties with the Gulf state, accusing Doha of backing terrorism.The Arab states have also accused Doha of undermining other Arab countries and the Palestinian Authority with its backing of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.Sheikh Mohammed said the allegations on the Muslim Brotherhood were "false" and that it did not understand why it needed to sever ties with Hamas, since it was a resistance movement and not a terrorist group.Before the decision Gulf Arab citizens could easily travel, reside and work across the six member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council.Saudi Arabia has closed the Qatari peninsula's only land border, threatening imports of both fresh food and raw materials needed to complete a $200 billion infrastructure project for the 2022 football World Cup.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE