A Yemeni man stands on the rubble of houses destroyed in a separate airstrike in Sanaa on June 9. Four civilians died, a medical source said. AFP / MOHAMMED HUWAIS
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
At least 24 civilians were killed in an air raid Sunday on a market in northern Yemen, a medical official and witnesses said, blaming the Arab coalition battling Yemeni rebels.The Arab military coalition has been carrying out airstrikes in Yemen for more than two years against areas controlled by the Shiite Houthi rebels.The Houthis have also accused the coalition of a raid last month that killed 23 civilians, including women and children, in the southwestern city of Taiz.The U.N. has called Yemen the "largest humanitarian crisis in the world" and warns that 17 million people, or two-thirds of the population, face a serious threat of famine this year.The U.N. Security Council warned the coalition against any attempt to extend the war to the port.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE