A picture taken on October 21, 2017 shows an Egyptian policeman standing guard in the new city of el-Alamien, west of Alexandria. AFP / KHALED DESOUKI
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A militant group called Ansar al-Islam claimed responsibility for an attack in Egypt's Western Desert that killed several policemen last month, it said in a statement Friday.The newly emerging group did not give evidence for its claim for the Oct. 21 attack, made via an online statement.Three security sources said at the time that at least 52 police officers and conscripts were killed when their patrol came under attack. Ansar al-Islam said it captured an officer and that the Egyptian air force struck them 11 days after their attack.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE