FILE- In this Friday, July21, 2017, file photo, Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani talks in his first televised speech since the dispute between Qatar and three Gulf countries and Egypt, in Doha, Qatar. (Qatar news Agency via AP, File)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Qatar's emir has warned against any military confrontation over the ongoing diplomatic dispute between his country and four other Arab nations, saying it would only plunge the region into chaos.Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani said U.S. President Donald Trump has offered to host a meeting between Qatar and its opponents -- Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates -- to end the crisis between the American allies.Speaking to the American television network CBS's "60 Minutes" news program, Sheikh Tamim said so far, however, there's been no response from the boycotting nations.In the "60 Minutes" interview, which will air Sunday night in the U.S., Sheikh Tamim acknowledged the alleged military threat.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE