In this file photo taken on November 30, 2010, a fishing boat is seen entering the harbour in the southern city of Aden, situated at the mouth of the Red Sea. / AFP / Karim SAHIB
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Yemen's Houthi rebels announced a two-week pause in Red Sea operations Wednesday, after attacks against Saudi tankers last week prompted Riyadh to suspend oil shipments through a key waterway.The pro-Houthi Al-Masirah television said at the time that the rebels had targeted a Saudi warship named Al-Dammam, without providing further details.The head of the rebels' revolutionary council, Mohammad Ali al-Houthi, said Wednesday's offer of a temporary maritime truce came as "support for U.N. mediation and peace efforts".U.N. envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths has been pushing for a deal which envisions the rebels ceding control of Hudaida port to a U.N.-supervised committee.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE