File - This Oct. 19, 2017, image from drone video, shows damaged buildings in Raqqa, Syria, two days after Syrian Democratic Forces said military operations to oust the Islamic State group ended. (AP Photo/Gabriel Chaim)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Syrian troops have uncovered a mass grave containing the remains of more than 30 people killed by Daesh (ISIS) in Raqqa province, state media reported Friday.A member of the civil defence told the news agency that a total of 34 bodies had been exhumed from the grave near the town of Al-Rathman.Government troops control the southwest of Raqqa province, but the rest of it, including the provincial capital, is held by the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces who overran the extremist's infamous bastion in October.In late December, Syrian troops found two mass graves in the west of the province. State media later reported that more than 150 bodies had been exhumed from them.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE