This photo released on Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018 by the YPG press office of the Kurdish People's Protection Units shows French national Emilie Konig in a video. (YPG press office via AP)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Six families of French militants captured during Daesh's (ISIS) retreat filed a complaint Wednesday demanding that the government bring them home, a week after a video of two notorious European Islamist extremists renewed the debate over how hundreds of foreign Daesh fighters should be handled. The complaint, filed by families of French women and children held by Kurdish militias, condemned what it called "deliberate inertia" by French authorities, saying it had left mothers and children – including infants – vulnerable to the risks of living in a war zone.Yet in an interview in Monday's Liberation newspaper, France's military chief Florence Parly said she sees no reason to bring French militants home for trial. She says only 20 returned to France last year, while Belgium's top security official has said only five of the country's foreign fighters returned in 2017 .Parly said about 300 French militants died in the war zone, and between 500 and 600 remained there.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE