Yemeni's receive food aid in the village of Omayan in the Bani Hasan province on January 25, 2018. / AFP / STR
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Government forces have launched an offensive backed by air support from the Arab-led coalition to oust Houthi rebels from around Yemen's third-largest city Taiz, military sources said.A government military source said 23 rebels including a commander, Abu Azzam, were killed in coalition air raids Friday. Yemeni security officials and witnesses said Friday that the fighting intensified earlier this week when forces loyal to President Abed Rabbou Mansour Hadi attempted regain full control over the city and expel rebel forces surrounding it.A Saudi government media office said Thursday that the coalition has handed over 27 child soldiers to the Hadi's internationally recognized government.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE