A picture taken on February 28, 2018 shows flames erupting in the horizon following a reported rocket attack in the rebel-held enclave of Eastern Ghouta on the outskirts of the Syrian capital Damascus. / AFP / Ammar SULEIMAN
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Russian military Thursday accused Syria's rebels of shelling a humanitarian corridor that Moscow set up with the Syrian government, offering residents of Damascus' besieged eastern suburbs a way out of the embattled enclave.The daily pauses began Tuesday but so far, no humanitarian aid has gone in -- and no civilians have left the area, known as eastern Ghouta.The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said before the truce went into effect at 9 a.m. on Thursday, government shelling and airstrikes on eastern Ghouta killed three people.While the relentless bombing has somewhat subsided in eastern Ghouta, home to around 400,000 civilians, the Syrian government's push to squeeze the insurgents out of the region continued.Bozdag said the Turkish operations have not interrupted humanitarian aid and civilians have not been harmed in Afrin.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE