People check the damage after debris from ballistic missiles fired by Yemen's Houthi militia fell onto a house in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia March 26, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Al Nasser
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Houthi movement that controls northern Yemen vowed Monday to fire more missiles into Saudi Arabia unless it stops bombing the country, after missiles crashed into Riyadh overnight causing casualties in the Saudi capital for the first time. Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki told a news conference in Riyadh that Sunday's missile attacks were a clear violation of international law and accused the Houthis of smuggling weapons from Iran.Air defenses also repelled missiles fired at the southern Saudi cities of Najran, Jizan and Khamis Mushait, Malki said.The war pits a coalition of Arab states friendly to the West against an armed movement sympathetic to Iran.Saudi Arabia has said hundreds of its own soldiers and civilians have been killed in Houthi mortar and short-range missile attacks across their rugged southern border.The United Nations says 10,000 people have died so far in the war in the region's poorest country, and three out of four Yemenis – 22 million civilians – need relief aid. Western countries have urged Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab allies to protect civilians and find a quick end to the war.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE