Houthi performers dance during a rally to mark the third anniversary of the Saudi-led intervention in the Yemeni conflict in Sanaa, Yemen March 26, 2018. REUTERS/Khaled Abdullah
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Gunmen in Yemen's second city Aden have abducted at least seven staff of a newspaper group that was already hit by an arson attack earlier this month, a media watchdog said.The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) said the Friday kidnappings from the group's headquarters in the southern city, which is the seat of the troubled Saudi-backed government, showed there was nowhere in Yemen where journalists could feel safe.At least 15 journalists have been killed in Yemen since 2015, when Saudi Arabia and its allies -- including the UAE -- intervened in support of the government in its fight against the rebels.Nearly 10,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Arab-led intervention began.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE