Labels of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) are seen iside a damaged house in Douma in Damascus, Syria April 23, 2018. REUTERS/ Ali Hashisho
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Global chemical arms inspectors are to take the unprecedented step of exhuming some bodies of victims in the Syrian town of Douma as they work to verify last month's alleged chemical attack, a media report said Thursday.The OPCW's mission to Douma was launched after footage from an apparent April 7 onslaught horrified the world and prompted unparalleled strikes on Syrian military installations.The OPCW mission gained access to Douma on April 21 after several delays, but experts have said chemical traces -- if they existed -- could still be found including in the bodies of the alleged victims.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE