File photo: a ballistic missile is seen after it was fired toward the Saudi capital of Riyadh from an undisclosed location in Yemen, in this photo released December 19, 2017 by the Houthi movement's War Media. Houthi War Media/Handout via Reuters
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Yemen's Houthis fired a salvo of ballistic missiles at Saudi Arabia's capital Wednesday – an attack Saudi authorities said they intercepted in the skies over Riyadh.A spokesman for the Houthi-aligned military Col. Aziz Rashed told Al-Masirah that the attack marked "a new phase" and was revenge for Saudi airstrikes on Yemen after a coalition air raid last month killed the Houthis' top civilian leader.Saudi state media said separately that air defense forces had intercepted a missile launched at the southern city of Jizan, in an attack also claimed by the Houthis.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE